QR National Schools Program
The CQ NRL Bid and QR National have partnered up to deliver the QR National Schools Program to Central Queensland. Every school visited through the QR National Schools Program will receive a Rugby League Pack including water bottles & carrier, footballs, sunscreen and a Gear Bag.
Promoting Sun safe practices, healthy eating and active lifestyles are all key elements of the QRN Schools Program.
The QR National Schools Program will target primary schools across the CQ region and is designed to provide a flexible program tailored to the individual needs of the school. The QR National Schools Program will engage with a minimum of 120 schools a year through a variety of forums including:
1) Rugby League Blitz Program (Feb, Mar, Apr – 2012)
The QR National Schools Program Manager will work alongside the local ARL Foundation Development Officer and QRL Education & Development Officer to visit primary schools across the 11 shires in the region. During these school visits the QR National Schools Program Manager will assist the ARL Foundation and QRL with promoting the sport of rugby league, handing out stickers & posters, running coaching drills and presenting equipment packs to the participating schools. The School Blitzes also promote healthy eating and active lifestyles to students.
2) Tailored School Coaching and Development Visits
The QR National Schools Program Manager is available to visit schools in the Central Queensland region and provide the following as requested to meet the individual school’s needs:
- Take school classes through rugby league skills clinic
- Take school rugby league teams for a training session during the lunch break or after school
- Present academic or sporting awards at school assembly
- Work with School rugby league coaches and teachers to teach contemporary coaching techniques, drills and games for kids
- Fundraising assistance – CQ NRL Bid have a Pass-the-Ball Promotion that can be utilized by schools in fundraising efforts such as School Fairs or Fetes and/or Free Dress days
CQ NRL Bid Community Development Manager – Walson Carlos
Phone: (07) 49 227003
Fax: (07) 49 22 6003
Mobile: 0459 722 217
CQ NRL Bid Regional Footprint