Capras Announce CQ League Legend as new Coach
December 12th, 2012
Jason Hetherington is currently a member of the coaching staff of Mal Meninga’s record-breaking Queensland State of Origin team and has had a distinguished career as a player.
CQ Capras CEO Denis Keeffe said that he was looking forward to working with one of the legends of Central Queensland rugby league.
“Jason will bring his own brand of rugby league knowledge and professionalism to the club. Jason is the original “Boy from Baralaba” and he has made CQ proud throughout his career.” Keeffe said.
Keeffe said that he hoped the structural changes would indicate to the general public and corporate sectors of Central Queensland that the club has high expectations for the future of the CQ Capras.
Jason Hetherington’s Career Highlights
- Australian Internationals – (4 games)
- Queensland State of Origin – (8 games)
- Man of the Match in opening game of 1999 State of Origin Series
- Won an NRL Premiership in 1995 with Canterbury Bulldogs
- Canterbury Bulldogs – (118 A-grade games)
- Gold Coast Chargers – (15 A-grade games)